Three cases of Legionnaires’ disease were linked to a downtown Chicago Marriott. Over 8000 people who stayed at at the Chicago Marriott Hotel at 151 W. Adams St. between July 16 and August 15 , 2012, may have been exposed to the Legionella bacteria which causes the disease.
The bacteria can be found in water. The symptoms of Legionnaires’ disease can include headache, high fever, chills, cough, chest pain and shortness of breath. Smokers, older people, people with chronic lung disease, or weak immune systems are considered most vulnerable to becoming ill from the bacteria.
Legionnaires’ disease can be fatal. Anyone experiencing these symptoms who stayed at the hotel should contact their doctor.
Legionnaire’s disease can be caused by negligent corporations that fail to keep their water systems free from bacterial. An experienced lawyer can be essential in helping recover damages caused by this preventable illness. Attorney Joseph Klest is a trial lawyer with 30 years of experience representing people who have been injured through no fault of there own. If you or someone you know has been diagnosed with Legionnaire’s disease dial 866-264-7639 to schedule a free consultation with Attorney, Joseph Klest.
© Joseph G. Klest, 2012.