Published on:

12-year-old Girl Contracts Deadly Parasitic Meningitis at Water Park

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported that a 12-year-old girl in Arkansas contracted a rare form of meningitis caused by a brain-eating amoeba. This form of parasitic meningitis, usually found in freshwater or soil can enter body through a person’s nose, where it can then move to the brain, often causing death.

Following this incident, the Arkansas Department of Health closed down the Willow Springs Water Park in Arkansas, where it is suspected that the young girl contracted the disease.

A previous case of parasitic meningitis reported in 2010 was also thought to be linked to the same water park.

If you wish to discuss this, or similar topics with attorney, Joseph Klest, please dial 866-264-7639.

© Joseph Klest, 2013.

Contact Information